Women Thrive Alliance seeks a Communications Intern to assist in managing our social media platforms, writing and editing blog posts, event support, research, and administrative tasks.
Women Thrive is a global network of over 250 member organizations located in over 50 countries. These organizations are led by local change-makers who believe that women and girls should live free from violence, enjoy quality education, and achieve economic empowerment. They believe that by challenging the status quo, they can achieve greater equality for all. We support our Alliance members by making sure that they are equipped with the skills, knowledge, resources, and connections they need to reach their full potential as gender equality and women’s rights advocates.
The Communications Intern will report directly to the Senior Communications Manager.
Description of Tasks
The Communications Intern will support the Senior Communications Manager by ensuring Women Thrive’s external communications are on brand and engaging for a variety of audiences. The Intern’s tasks and responsibilities include:
- Maintain and manage all Women Thrive social media accounts, particularly Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Help draft content and engage supporters using social media, including twitter chats and campaigns
- Research and write blogs and other content for the Women Thrive website
- Research, plan, and implement online outreach around United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5 on gender equality
- Assist in planning and implementing web marketing and communications campaigns
- Utilize the Alliance online platform to interact with Women Thrive’s Alliance members
- Catalog media mentions and organize publications and video materials
- Update and maintain quote/story bank related to members’ communications needs, priorities, and participation
- Other communications support as needed, including administrative assistance
Preferred skills and experience
- Commitment to women’s rights, gender equality, and global development
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Good computer skills, particularly in MS Office programs
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Piktochart, or other graphic design tools is a plus
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as in a team setting
- Strong verbal, written, and intercultural communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Collaborative work style, superior organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask efficiently, motivated by project management and deadlines
- 20-30 hours per week
- This is an UNPAID position
Please send a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter stating why you're interested in this position. Also, include contact information for two professional references.
Email Devon O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to write “Internship – Communications” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.