Women Thrive Alliance is seeking a Development Intern to assist staff with fundraising opportunities. The Development internship will provide you with highly employable and in-demand skills such as fundraising experience, database management, and knowledge of board relations. You will work closely with Women Thrive’s Executive Director and program staff. The internship will give you first-hand experience with non-profit fundraising operations. Ideally, the Development intern will work a minimum of 20 hours a week in our Washington, D.C. office. Flexible scheduling is available but candidates must be able to work shifts of four hours or more during regular office hours.
Women Thrive Alliance is a global network of 275 member organizations located in over 50 countries. These organizations are led by local change-makers who believe that women and girls should live free from violence, enjoy quality education, and achieve economic empowerment. They believe that by challenging the status quo, they can achieve greater equality for all. We support our Alliance members by making sure that they are equipped with the skills, knowledge, resources and connections they need to reach their full potential as gender equality and women’s rights advocates.
The Development Intern will report directly to the Executive Director. This internship is unpaid.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
• Research grants, donor prospects, and other funding opportunities
• Prepare donor profiles for Executive Director and Board members
• Coordinate logistics for donor meetings, fundraising trips and events
• Help prepare fundraising campaigns through direct mail and email outreach
• Assist with social media and donor communications outreach
• Enthusiasm for Women Thrive’s mission of promoting gender equality. Experience working on women’s rights issues is a plus.
• Prior experience and knowledge of CRMs and/or databases
• A positive, can-do attitude, and a strength at paying attention to details
• An interest in gaining development, fundraising, event planning, and database experience
Please send a copy of your resume, a one-page writing sample, and a brief cover letter stating why you're interested in this position and availability, including start date by August 30, 2017. Please also include contact information for two professional references.
Email Emily Bove at email@example.com. Please be sure to write “Development Internship” in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED.