Claude Fontheim is the CEO of Fontheim International, LLC. Mr. Fontheim advises global companies on corporate social responsibility, public policy, and politics. He has over 30 years of experience in these fields and was among the first CSR practitioners.
Mr. Fontheim also serves on boards of directors or advisory boards of the following organizations:
- GlobalWorks Foundation, Co-Founder and Non-Executive Chairman
- GoodWeave International (human rights and child welfare NGO), Vice Chairman, Board of Directors
- Alliance to End Hunger, Executive Committee, Board of Directors
- The NewDEAL (national organization of center-left state and local elected officials), Chairman, Governance Committee, Board of Directors
- InterAction (the leading association of development NGOs), Business Advisory Council
- US – Bangladesh Advisory Council, Board of Advisors
- University of Michigan – Michigan in Washington Program, Board of Advisors
Mr. Fontheim is a Senior Advisor to the Business Council for Global Development, LLC and non-executive Chairman of the Trade, Aid and Security Coalition. Mr. Fontheim previously served on the President’s Advisory Committee on Trade Policy and Negotiations, the U.S. Trade Representative’s Trade Advisory Committee on Africa, and the State Department’s Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy. He was also Chairman of the Democratic Leadership Council’s Project on the Global Economy and International Trade.
Mr. Fontheim has published numerous articles, including on international trade, corporate social responsibility, and labor policy. These articles have appeared in Blueprint magazine, PR Week, various scholarly journals, and he authored the chapter on European telecommunications policy and regulation in the American Enterprise Institute series, “The United States Faces a United Europe,” and the concluding chapter of Trade Policy: The Lawyer’s Perspective of which he was co-editor.
- Joe Crowley/ Adam Smith/ Claude Fontheim Op-Ed
- Act Globally
- Making the New Economy Work
- Business and Global Development
- PR Week
Mr. Fontheim has also spoken widely on these topics:
- Cornell Seminar: Global Labor Issues
- Stuart Varney: Fontheim on Crisis Management
- C-SPAN Appearances
Mr. Fontheim has served as an advisor on trade, economic and foreign policy to Presidential and Congressional campaigns. Mr. Fontheim received his J.D., M.P.P., and B.A. from the University of Michigan. He was Managing Editor of Michigan’s international law publication.