WHAT IS THE ALLIANCE?
Women Thrive Alliance is a global community committed to amplifying the voices of women and girls in policymaking spaces. With more than 200 women’s rights groups and civil society organizations in 50 developing countries, the Alliance promotes collective advocacy for women’s solutions in development programs and policies.
WE WORK WITH ALLIANCE MEMBERS TO:
- Ensure that the perspectives and priorities of women and girls living in poverty are heard and heeded in development and policymaking circles.
- Ensure that advocates for gender equality around the world have the support, tools and resources necessary to sustain their work and advocacy.
- Hold governments accountable to achieving gender equality and women and girls' empowerment (Sustainable Development Goal 5), incluing ending gender-based violence, promoting girls’ education, and empowering women economically.
- Builds the capacity of gender advocates in the fields of advocacy, communications, and fundraising.
- Connects gender advocates so they can join in collective advocacy, share lessons, and support one another.
- Connects Alliance members to policymakers and decision-makers in their countries and around the world.
- Ensures policies and programs integrate local women’s solutions to inequality, violence, and poverty.
CONNECT WITH US
Want to learn more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org