We are the leading nonprofit organization bringing the voice of women around the world directly to decision-makers in Washington, D.C.
Women Thrive Worldwide works to create a world in which women and men work together as equals so that they, their families and their communities can thrive.
Women Thrive Worldwide advocates for change at the U.S. and global levels so that women and men can share equally in the enjoyment of opportunities, economic prosperity, voice, and freedom from fear and violence.
We ground our work in the realities of women living in poverty, partner with locally based organizations, and create powerful coalitions to advance the interests of the women and girls we serve.
What Sets us Apart?
- We are advocates: We are the voice in Washington, D.C., for women living in poverty worldwide. We do not run programs ourselves on the ground.
- We are independent: We do not accept any U.S. government funds. All our support comes from private American donors and people like you.
- We are grounded: We do not propose solutions to women’s problems ourselves. We believe that women are the best source of solutions, and we advocate for priorities that women in developing countries say are best for them. Our job is to help raise their voices in Washington, D.C., where decisions are made, often by bringing representatives here to speak for themselves.
- We have a big vision: Big change does not come without a game-changing vision and approach. We push for transformative change that will impact women in every corner of the world.
- It’s not just about us: We lead a diverse and powerful coalition of more than 50 organizations and thousands of Americans who want to see their government do what is right for women.
- Sign Up - Stay up to date with all things Women Thrive by signing up for our e-mail list.
- Donate - Please give generously so that we can continue to advocate on behalf of women living in poverty.
- Take Action - Be part of the solution by contacting Congress and other decision-makers on today's most urgent issues.
Women Thrive Worldwide was founded in 1998 by Ritu Sharma and Elise Fiber-Smith
under the name "Women's EDGE Coalition."