WHO ARE WE?
Women Thrive Alliance is a global feminist advocacy network with one goal: make gender equality a reality. We believe that gender equality can only be achieved through a grassroots-led, bottom-up approach to development that is centered on those most marginalized by patriarchy.
Our Alliance unites and mobilizes hundreds of women’s rights and gender equality organizations in over 50 countries, equipping them with the skills, the connections, and the support needed to influence social and gender justice agendas at local, national, and global levels.
Through our training, coaching, and collective action, Alliance members take their place as equal partners in decision-making spaces so that their expertise and experiences contribute to strong and sustainable policies and programs for gender equality.
WHAT SETS US APART?
- Our Alliance members are the drivers of our work. We’re accountable to our members. Our vision and programming are grounded in the realities of thousands of grassroots advocates that challenge the status quo every day.
- We’re not just a network, we’re a community. Our support goes beyond technical. We build lasting relationships with our member organizations based on solidarity, trust, and a belief in collective action.
- We reach over one million women and girls. In over 50 countries, our members are working in communities at to ensure the rights of those who are most marginalized from development processes.
- We build bridges between local advocates and powerful actors who determine how development happens. By amplifying grassroots voices, fostering dialogue, and ensuring equal representation in decision-making, we work to shift power and resources to grassroots movements in the fight to end poverty and gender discrimination.
- Women Thrive Alliance is changing the way “development” is done. With one foot in the global women’s rights movement and one foot in the development community, we are uniquely positioned to ensure feminist approaches and priorities are embodied in development processes.